Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Recap

This week went by so fast I'm going to do my best to try and remember. In the area I'm it is really hard to find people and so at the moment we only have a few investigators. (We had to drop one yesterday, really sad.) But it's definitely been a test of faith and I'm learning more day by day how to trust in the Lord.

One investigator that is progressing pretty well is a kid named Hugo.  He's a 17 year old joven (youth) who's really cool and accepting the gospel really well.  But this week we weren't able to get a hold of him until Saturday.  And we didn't teach him but we helped him with his house and invited him to church as per usual.  We went by to go pick him up and he wasn't at his house and Elder Barrera and I were so bummed.  We walked to church wondering what we were going to do and whether we would drop him or not.  We get to church and start to greet people at the door and we see Hugo come walking in!!!!  I was so so so so sooooooo happy to see him I literally leaped for joy!  He stayed for all 3 hours and told me he had a great experience. (It also helped he knew a lot of people already.) I hope he keeps progressing.

We also have this sister name Guadalupe who's very nice but also very shy and timid.  Sometimes it's hard to explain things to her because she won't understand you unless you talk really simply to her. Our first and second lesson were a little difficult because she couldn't remember anything, but this last lesson was really good.  She answered most of the questions we asked her in the way we wanted. She loves reading the Book of Mormon and has come to church twice, so we are hoping she can be ready to be baptized the Sunday before Elder Barrera leaves for home. (After this transfer)
Oh yeah, yesterday in church I gave my first talk in Spanish. :)  The topic was family history which is not a topic I teach about a lot, but it went well and I learned a lot. :)

Many of you have been asking how my Spanish is coming along and to be honest I couldn't tell you. Hahahaha.  Some days I feel the language comes easy and other day it frustrates the living heck out of me.  I am starting to mix the two languages up though. Haha and sometimes I feel like I can't speak English or Spanish very well.  Hahaha

This morning our house got flooded and that was a mess and a lot of my stuff got wet. Hahaha but that's the life of a missionary. Elder Barrera and I are praying for miracles this week because we need them!  I'll let you know what is to follow.

The church is true! Christ lives! And the Book of Mormon is the truest book on the face of the earth! I love each and every one of you that reads this email! Thank you for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment