Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Fourth!

Happy fourth of July my fellow Americans! I hope you all ate a lot of bbq,  pie, and bacon for me because that's what Americans do! Hahaha to no surprise people do not celebrate that here, but I woke up Saturday and sang God bless America the whole morning. Hahahaha 

This week was super hot and also kinds stressed filled. It rains here almost everyday and when I first arrived I was happy it rained because I thought it would make things cooler, but it JUST MADE IT MORE HUMID! Gah its the worst.  Sometimes steam literally comes off the streets!  My companion and I are having a hard time finding people and that's one of the reasons I was stressed this week.  

I think the second week I got here we were contacting a house and their neighbor walked out and caught my eye.  I got the impression that we needed to go talk to him and I almost let the impression slip away and thought nothing of it.  But it was firm and I knew I had to, so I walked up and contacted him.  His name is Juan Carlos and he's a super nice guy and actually really wants to learn English, which is one reason he accepted us so quickly.  He invited us in and we actually taught him how to pray in English believe it or not and then taught him part of lesson one.  He now comes to our semi-weekly English classes and wants to read the Book of Mormon in English!  We're teaching him right now and its going super good!  We just need to get him to church!

Hey I'm out of time but I love every one of you and I hope your testimony grows every day!  The church is true.  The Book of Mormon is true.  We are beloved children of our Father in heaven!
Until next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment