Sunday, June 7, 2015

Conference, Rain and Blessings

Hi everyone! Yes I'm still alive and doing well.  Hah.  Sorry it's been 2 weeks since I last wrote. Lulz. The anticipation must have been killing you guys.  So here's what's been going down; these last 2 weeks my companion and I have been traveling to Xalapa a lot because we had a bunch of mission conferences.  Two weeks ago we were visited by three general authorities, all in in one week: Elder Pino and Elder Piper of the seventy and Elder Christiansen of the presidency of the seventy. So yeah, that was a good week. Haha.


My companion and I recieved a bunch of personal revelation on how to help our area, how to be effective missionaries and how to rely on the spirit and it was soooooooo good. Also at these conferences I got to see all the missionaries from my old generation from my short MTC experience in October.  Including my old companion Elder Wright! I caught up with all of them and they told me about their areas and how they're doing.  It was so great because they were all surprisingly excited to see me! It was a grand occasion.  We had a bunch of good food like pizza (which is starting to become a delicacy to me now because I hadn't had in a while) and tacos del pastor.



 This week my companion and I went to Xalapa only once for a conference for new missionaries and trainers and that was super helpful as well.  I love my mission president so much and whenever I talk to him I always feel motivated to baptize all of Mexico.  He taught me how to more effectively use the Book of Mormon in our lessons with investigators, and how to rely on the Spirit, and to bring it with you wherever you go.

This week, as some of you tech savy people may know, it rained a LOT!  On Wednesday my companion and I were working hard (as the usual) and we had to walk to our investigators house.  By the time we got there we were sweating like crazy because the sun was beating on us the whole two mile walk.  We taught the lesson and it went great, but half way through the lesson it just starts pouring rain.  I guess it wasn't a lot for the locals, but for a California boy, born and raised, who only sees 5 days of rain a year, it was a lot and hard.  We finished our lesson and it's like the sky is falling. It's so hard and my companion and I had no other option, but to walk the two mile walk back to the house. (We were leaving for Xalapa that day and had to go or we would miss our bus).  I take ten steps outside and I'm already soaking wet.  So I just had one of those "it is what its is might as well enjoy it" moments.  There's a lot of hills here in Tlapacoyan, so water was rushing down the streets like a river, carrying all the dirt and trash on the streets. (It was nasty.) But yeah over all it was a nice refreshing walk. We were completely soaked though.



On Saturday I went on divisions with Elder Nielsen! (He's the Elder I told you guys about, who was in the the ccm with me.)  He has as much time on the mission as I do and his Spanish is not very good.  I knew I had to step up and lead the way, so I told Elder Nielsen (because he was just as unsure as I was) that if we have faith and the Spirit, the Lord will help us with the rest! And boy were we blessed.  The Lord helped me that day more than any other day and I truly felt like a tool in the Lords' hand.  My Spanish was the best I've ever felt its ever been.  I understood everything (which usually never happens), and Elder Nielsen and I together gave powerful testimony. Talk about greenie power hahaha.  We extended an invitation to one my ancient investigators to be baptized and he accepted and came to church this week!  He's someone that my companion, Elder Lopez  and I have been working with for a while and we almost dropped him.  But I felt the prompting to extend the invitation and share my testimony and it paid off.  Such an awesome day!

I want to bear my testimony that I know Christ lives.  He's my Savior and my love and faith grows for him more each day.  I know He has a plan for me and this is made evident more and more each day. I know why I'm here at the time. I'm here. I no longer doubt why my knee got hurt.  I know we have a prophet on the earth today who through direct revelation from God leads and directs this church.  This gospel brings me so much joy in my life and that's why I'm here sharing the happiness I have with the people here in Mexico.

Love you guys! Talk to you next week!


I held an iguana. Too bad my companion is not the best at taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment