Monday, June 8, 2015

My first transfer

Mi querido amigos y familia, que bonita es la vida! (My beloved friends and family. How lovely is the life!)

I finally made through my first transfer wooo! Elder Lopez and I worked like dogs this week and it definitely paid off. We had 6 of our 8 investigators at church last week! For those of you who don't know an investigator (in Mexico) has to come to church at least 5 times before they can be baptized. So when one of them or more comes it's such an amazing feeling because they're one step closer to baptism.

This last week was also the last week of the transfer and I thought I would stay here in Tlapacoyan, but that turned out to not be the case hahaha.  Our president is a very inspired man and when the phone call came I thought I had nothing to worry about.  But I am leaving tomorrow for Posa Rica, which is known very well as the hottest place in the mission and it's the beginning of summer. Yeah. But I know it's for a reason or at least I hope. Hahaha.  I was actually kinda bummed when I found out because I really like Tlapacoyan.  And last transfer we only had one baptism but we have 6 solid dates for this month, (including 1 this Thursday.) All investigators I had prayed, fasted, and worked so diligently for. But that's part of the job I guess and I know there's more work to be done in Posa Rica.

 I went on divisions this week with Elder Nielsen again, and we got rained on pretty hard but we made the best of it and found 2 more investigators! Woo!

I love everyone of you all so much and I think about you all the time.  Have fun this summer for me. Hahahah.

For all my family in Texas, I miss y'all a lot and wish I could be with you this week! I'll visit as soon as I get back :) Have fun and hook em horns.

God be with you until I write next week! I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and the happiness it brings.  I am so extremely grateful for my Savior and Redeemer and the sacrifice He made for us.  He lives and guides this church.  This is His work. His glory. And I'm so blessed to be apart of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment