Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Lord's Errand, Not Ours

This will be a quick email as I don't have a lot of time left.

These last 2 weeks have been the busiest and also fastest weeks of my mission.  I can't believe January is basically almost done because I feel like Christmas was just last week.  These last 3 weeks I've been with my new companion Elder Herrera and he is super awesome.  I love the guy and we get along super well.  He's from Mexico City and for some reason everyone from there is super hilarious. So we are always cracking jokes and telling cool stories; the only bad thing is that he snores..  Really loud... and it's gotten to the point where I have to wear ear plugs. Hahahaha or if he's really loud I sometimes have to hit him to make him shut up. hahaha But we get along well.  He's one of the first companions that I've had in a while that has wanted to work as hard as me. Hahaha So thats what we've doing, working our tails off.

2 weeks ago we weren't having much success finding anyone. We got references. We contacted those references and weren't able to find anyone. :/ It became really discouraging at some points but it also gave us the drive to work harder.

So this week we hit the ground running, every morning, heading out sometimes at 9 teaching, finding, and going to the area of other Elders who are struggling to help them out.  We were getting home at 9:20 dirt tired.  One of those days my companion and I were out and it just so happened that nothing that we had planned turned out, lessons fell through, references we went to contact werent home, and we just felt like we weren't working.  We were just walking around from place to place.

So my companion and I just stopped and gave a prayer to the Lord, just right in the street asking Him where we should go and who we should talk to.  We started walking and get not even a half a block when me and my companion both get the impression to talk to these 2 jovens (youth) that were outside their house.  We start talking, and their names are Luis (15) and Daniel (17).  And after a few minutes we start teaching them about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and committed them to be baptized!  The Spirit was so strong, they were super cool and asked us all the right questions and they accepted to be baptized!  The Lord answered our prayers immediately and we were tools in the Lord's hands!  This is what the Gospel is all about, this is what missionary work is all about.  Every day I am blessed with the opportunity to teach repentance to the people here in Martinez in hopes that they draw closer to Christ.  The Savior lives and this is His work!  I love you all so much! The church is true! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment