Monday, January 18, 2016

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to write you all a quick letter of Merry Christmas!  I love this time of the year so much and makes my heart so happy and joyful to celebrate the birth of our Savior.  Being in His service, doing His work here on the Earth has brought to know and love my Him so much more than I imagined.

I can remember where I was a year ago and man how quickly that year has passed.  I was super depressed, disappointed, and frustrated with myself that I was still at home and not out serving others on my mission.  I was in physical therapy for my knee and I was just getting started to move around more freely but I still couldn't do very much.  I wanted to do something if anything to give and do something good, something even if it was small, that would bless the life of someone in need.  I don't remember exactly how the thought came to me but I decided I was going to go buy a taco 12 pack at taco bell and hand out tacos to the homeless people hahah.  I went with my brother and some friends and we went out to give back and give to those who would receive little to nothing for Christmas. It was a small act of kindness that to this day I still think about.  I can remember the look of surprise and gratefulness on some of their faces to receive just a few tacos. 

My invitation to you all is this Christmas look for ways to serve than to receive.  Look for those in need and opportunities to be an instrument in the Lord's hands by blessing the lives of others.  I love this Gospel so much! I wouldn't be here if it wast true!  A Savior was born in Bethlehem and because of His birth all of us can be born again, be made new, be made clean.  He is the only way back to our Heavenly Father and the only way to true and everlasting happiness. I love you all so much I wish I could be there to give all of you a big hug!  Always remember the true meaning of Christmas because He is the Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment