Monday, August 17, 2015

Work, Work, Work

These past couple of weeks have flown by!  My companion Elder Maimo and I have been working super hard finding and teaching some of the most wonderful people.  We're teaching this guy named Alan who's super awesome and also going through some rough times in life right now.  He loves coming to church and learning about the gospel.  He has a date to get baptized next Sunday and he's super pumped!

Last Wednesday we had an Area Conference with our Mission President where all of the missionaries in Posa Rica came.  President Greer talked about how we as a mission need to focus on getting our investigators to the temple, not just baptism.  It made me think about all the blessings that come from the temple and how blessed we are to have temples all around the world.

These last couple of weeks we've been teaching this couple named Armando and Dani who are accepting the gospel super well!  After our lesson my companion and I saw they had 2 raccoons tied up in the back of the house, like a pet dog. Hahahahhah.  So we went and played with them and took pictures.  It was pretty funny! 



Being a missionary is no walk in the park but my Heavenly Father has truly blessed me so much and everyday I am truly overwhelmed with gratefulness.  On Thursday my companion and I got to go to the hospital and give a blessing to a member recovering from surgery.  It was one of the first times I had given a blessing in Spanish and it was such a powerful and touching experience.  At the end I could feel how much the Savior loved this man.  I know the Savior loves each and every one of us the same and that he knows us personally.  Being a tool in His hands to bless the lives of others is truly a privilege and a blessing.

I love you all so much and I know without a doubt this is the Lord's church!  Until next week!

PS P-day is on Tuesday next week.  We're having an all mission conference on Monday. Not sure why.  Something about an Apostle named Elder Christofferson coming to visit. ;) Anyways until next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment