Monday, October 19, 2015

New Transfer

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been a while since my last update. Haha lots been going on but all good things! To start off transfers were last week and my old companion Elder Lopez finished his mission and went home to Mexico City! He was a super funny guy and we got along super well and it seemed we were always laughing! We drank a martinellis on his last day to celebrate. :)


His last Sunday we also had a baptism and it was a lovely ceremony! Her name is Sullivan and she has an awesome testimony of the Book of Mormon and is part of a less active family we are reactivating. :) She looks like she's 13 but is actually 11 and she's extremely smart and mature for her age.  In the photo is a little image of the Mexico City temple. We have been focusing a lot on the Temple when we teach her and her family so they can be sealed together as a family for time and all eternity! 



My new companion is Elder Hernandez! He's super awesome and is my first companion that has less time than me. Woooooohhh! Hahah.  He just finished his training so he has 3 months and he's super awesome! He's from the state of Hidalgo Mexico, which is south of Mexico City, which is only like 3 hours from where we are. Haha.  We get along super well and we are learning a lot of things together every day! 

A lot of you probably don't know this but I've been starting to teach English classes every week as an act of service and because there are a lot of people in Poza Rica who want to learn English.  About 2 weeks ago Elder Lopz and I were walking the streets of Mexico as usual.  All of a sudden this guy stops his truck right in front of us and starts speaking in broken English. "Hey my friend. Hey hey!" At first I was a little weirded out because normally the only people who come and talk to us like that are drunks or crazy people.  So I thought in my mind, "Aww man here we go again."  But he came up and asked me how to pronounce a word in English.  So we talked for a bit and then I told him I offer English classes in our church and he could come if he liked.  Then I gave him my number and we went our separate ways.  I didn't think he would call to be honest, but he did.  Hahah.  About a week later he called and came to class. Haha.  He's a super funny guy named Carlos and he actually lived in Oklahoma for a while but then got deported because he helped people cross the border. Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha. Anyways he told me he wants to change his life around and come to church so now we're teaching him. Hahah.  Little miracles like that makes my love grow for the Lord everyday. :)

Thank you so much everyone for your emails, comments, and for being interested in my adventures here in Mexico. Being a missionary is the greatest thing in the world! I don't have much else for this week but next week I promise to write a lot more! :) God is good!  He loves us and I get to see His love touch the hearts of men every day!  The Book of Mormon is the truest book on the face of the Earth! Christ lives! This is His gospel and his church!

Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment